View Single Post
Old 19.09.2019, 08:31
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
simple_person has earned the respect of manysimple_person has earned the respect of manysimple_person has earned the respect of many
Re: Experience with the Schlichtungsbehörde as a landlord?

My colleague moved to bigger apartment just before kindergarten starts but within 1 year of moving landlord sold apartment to someone and was given notice to vacate. Obviously he was pissed off. He took matter to the Schlichtungsstelleand with the help of a lawyer. I guess he got 12 months+ extension. During the process he started looking apartment nearby so that his daughter don't have to change school. As soon as he found new apartment he moved out. Overall stressful experience but worth for tenant to buy some time.

You decided to buy property with tenant so you should be ready to share the pain with the tenant. I am happy that such laws exist otherwise in some country tenant have no say.

Quote:
View Post
Recently bought a flat in kanton ZH with a tenant in it.
I need to live in it myself, so immediately served double the required notice (6m) on the advice of a lawyer to ensure no problems.

They are now taking me to the Schlichtungsstelle to contest it. Any experience? Should I get a lawyer? I don't want to, but they have one.