View Single Post
Old 21.09.2019, 02:41

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
duxxth has no particular reputation at present
Serious fine for driving with an expired Driving License

hey!

Been visiting these forums for quite a while, I guess its my turn to humbly ask you guys for your help.

So long story short(sorta):

My portuguese cousin was 18 years old when he got his driving license, back in Portugal. At 19 years old he got a job here in Switzerland and traded his portuguese license for a Swiss license. Due to his (and ours) ingenuity he failed to check up on basic stuff like when would his license expire. (in our family we had 3 swiss licenses which had no expiry, but his was in probation terms which has a 3 year duration, which we had no idea but didnt really think about it).

3 years and a half later he got stopped by the police on his way home from work and sure enough he was driving ilegally and got his license confiscated. The police officers were kind enough to drive his car to our home and told him that the best course of action would be for him to write a letter to the competent entity explaining his ilegal behaviour and wait for a reply.

Today he got a letter in his email, unfortunately we dont trust our German skills and we arent really sure how to interpret the letter he received.

https://imgur.com/4ZIIaHT

sorry for the bad quality. The circle is his panicky attempt at asking us through whats app what does the letter mean, the white scribbles are his erased name.

Could you guys help me out and translate this letter for us? We're thinking that he has to pay 800 swiss francs (but theres no pink slip?), and that during 2 years he has to commit no further "crimes" otherwise he will pay 1050 swiss francs as well. Is that right or do we suck at translating German?

Thank you in advance for your time!