View Single Post
Old 22.09.2019, 17:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 193 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 13,300 Times in 6,936 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please suggest a photo and video editing software

Quote:
View Post
Throwing this out there to the techie gurus.

I'd like to buy a top-notch photo and video editing software for Mr Wishes as a gift. I'm afraid freebie programs and Windows Movie Maker are not cutting it for the things he likes to do. He runs a laptop on Windows 10, if that makes a difference.

We have a variety of cameras, including a drone and a gopro, as well as point and shoot style and an underwater camera. Mr Wishes likes to take pictures and movies with all of them when we're on holiday, and then later edit and combine to make albums or movies. The problem is that most of the cheap programs we're finding can't handle the higher-res images and videos. They crash or seem to stutter.

My only other thought is aside from editing software, do we need certain bells and whistles on the computer as well as on our "smart" TV to make all the images and videos look nice?

Sorry, I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff but I know there are a lot of photography buffs on EF and I hope you can point me in the right direction.
While it's a great idea to gather information and ideas here, I think this is the type of thing (as you're gonna go for top-notch = probably not cheap) to let Mr. Wishes in on this before you actually buy it, in order to REALLY make him happy in the end.
The following 2 users would like to thank curley for this useful post: