View Single Post
Old 22.09.2019, 20:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 18,574 Times in 7,577 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please suggest a photo and video editing software

I've been using CyberLink PowerDirector for a few years and it is very good. I also have Cyberlink ColorDirector that does colour grading. However, a colleague of mine uses DaVinci Resolve. It is professional software, but free to consumers. The paid for version is largely about collaboration. You can also spend $$$ on hardware that makes everything easier + training.

I've just started using it, and it's a steep learning curve simply because it is so powerful, but I'm please with the results so far. For photos, GIMP is brilliant. Paid for software isn't always the best. Because the artistic community is so up itself, professionals tend to use only paid for software. Strange really, since many huge multinationals now use Linux on their servers to save software costs.

My PC is with an Intel i9 9990k, with a 32GB memory and a GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti graphics card.