View Single Post
Old 23.09.2019, 19:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 31 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,733 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Appenzell forever!

Birthday bash in Appenzell week-end just gone and a hangover to match the level of excitement!

My friend Ruedi Roth, composer of the soundtrack to the film "Grand Budapest Hotel" for which he was awarded an Oscar (hear below)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9h-_LTOsqw ...organised a Stopete, a bit like a Yodel jam session and I got the privilege to be invited to sing with him the same song. I was nervous as can be but did quite well. I would post a video if I knew how to do it, but if it ain't youtube, it ain't working!

You can imagine all those Appenzeller farmers, quite wary of a "foreigner" having a go at their own special traditions, but they really opened up and till 3.00 a.m. I was on free drinks, getting pulled into various groups for more yodels, ringing cow bells (as you do!). God knows how many Schnapps I downed, but what a night to remember.

The colours, the Ausalp (I got my own private one!), the huge welcome...and if I did not want to end my life milking cows, I must say there were a couple of very welcoming Appenzellerinen who did make me forget all my little misadventures in Geneva and almost convinced me of a resettlement in the Eastern Green Pastures! I'll be back in January for the Premiere of the Jodel Musical in Wattwil!
The following 9 users would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post: