View Single Post
Old 25.09.2019, 14:51
Forum Legend

Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to meet like-minded English-speaking people in the Ostschweiz?

Quote:
View Post
Hello fellow expats!

So far, it's been a tough one for me.
I am female, in my mid 40s, married to a Swiss guy, with 2 preteen children born here. I'm a stay at home mum (for long reasons that are not relevant right now), and I am, not surprisingly, BORED OUT OF MY MIND.

I speak a decent German, but in spite of my efforts, I can't like the language. It irritates my throat and after a day speaking it, I need a lie down. (Sorry for the rant, but I don't have many chances of actually saying this).

I'd love to go to Zürich for a meeting, but that means I have 2 hours on the train, going and back, which makes it a liiiiittle difficult for me to do it when the kids are in school.

Is there anyone living in Toggenburg, Rapperswil, Wil, St. Gallen, etc...? Looking forward to a coffee!

Glad my coffee was nowhere near my mouth!
I think that was my excuse for not speaking Dutch in Holland back then - I mean with the amount of 'g's in words, they got about ten times the "ch" we have here.

However, a quick search lead me here. Didn't check it though.
There is a face-book group, which I - not being on face book - only found via google though.

Did you google at all?