View Single Post
Old 26.09.2019, 11:36

Groaned at 18 Times in 12 Posts
Jamboree has no particular reputation at present
Re: Skiing (downhill) - Austria - where to go

Quote:
View Post
Hi Jamboree

Here are a few notes for you on your trip planning. The big question is what is your and OH, level of ski-ing. There are a multitude of resorts in Austria, which cater to different levels. Some of the larger or multi center resorts can be quite intimidating for lower level ski-ers.

The more popular resorts are probably nearly booked out for xmas, so you might have to look for look for smaller less known resorts.

Which also answers your question, it is much better to stay in one place for your trip. No intermediate travel, having to return and rent ski gear, trying to find lift prices, tickets and find your way around the runs. Have a relaxing time and enjoy Christmas.

Keep in mind that the local Swiss Ski-Bourse will be coming up in November / December. These can be great opportunity to buy your own gear. Top range ski's, which are a couple of years old can be bought for 100 .. 150 instead of 900 ChF, which saves of having to queue in a rental shop. And its cheaper, as you can always sell them back in the following years, and swap, change the style ( colour ?? ) or upgrade.

Enjoy the snow.
Few answers - and questions...
First - thank you for the response.
I'll do some research on: Swiss Ski-Bourse will be coming up in November / December --- do you have a direct link?

Experience as a skier -- Last time we both ski'd was many years ago - however, we were very good skiers (at that time). So to answer your question, I would rate my skiing level at intermediate (at the beginning of the vacation) to maybe / sort of / close to advanced by the end of the vacation.