View Single Post
Old 30.09.2019, 23:36
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 245 Times in 143 Posts
Thanked 1,193 Times in 526 Posts
Troublawesome is considered knowledgeableTroublawesome is considered knowledgeableTroublawesome is considered knowledgeable
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

I don't think any EU country would blame the EU leadership in case of no Deal. It is clear to everyone the UK has gone fanatical and people would rather teach them a lesson than succumb to Trump-like bullying by Bojo the clown.

I'd dare say I think it's the opposite actually, European people wouldn't forgive the EU leadership if they gave in to the clown's blackmail. Recession is coming anyway, might as well be able to look ourselves in the mirror when it does.

These days democracy is worth more this side of the English channel. If the UK want a deregulated, chlorinated-chicken, Americanized shithole they'll stand alone.

I give it less than 10 years before they're begging to come back once they see Trump has no friends and he'll screw them over. I'm just not sure Europe will be ready to take them back, pain of a divorce goes both ways.
This user would like to thank Troublawesome for this useful post: