View Single Post
Old 03.10.2019, 11:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 161 Posts
Thanked 7,035 Times in 3,141 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
My first & most tangible benefit is I will get a 10 year residence permit in Malta as apposed to the 5 year ones EU citizens get, since you are pushing me for an answer. Second there is a bigger chance that my OAP will be paid when I am 67 years old.
EU citizens are entitled to apply for permanent residency after five years as well as being able to retire permanent to Malta and pay tax on a remittance basis.

A recession, a declining economy, trade difficulties and Borisís spending promises will reduce the Exchequer take and you expect this to increase your chances of being paid your OAP from a pay as you go system.... you might want to reread the NI document and count the number of times the word May is used especially in respect to voluntary contributions.

BREXIT is all about self, so I would not have very high expectations about the changes of them doing much to look after expats, how about healthcare for instance.

And these are your tangible benefits....