View Single Post
Old 06.10.2019, 19:22

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
thelord has no particular reputation at present
Re: Heads up USTER (ZH) road repairs -police making a fortune

Quote:
View Post
Drove to Uster station this morning. They are digging up the road with a 30kph limit in front of the station, logically called Bankstrasse.

It is very unclear who can drive where, but it seems there is a one-way loop running with a barrier halfway across the road. I needed to buy a ticket at the station and saw cars parked in marked bays beyond the temporary barrier which is easy to drive round.

Parked up and notice two policemen who were using the outside tables of MacDonalds to write tickets. Two cars facing in the same direction as I had just parked were being fined. So I asked one of the policemen if my car was OK. He advised it would be a CHF100.- fine. A quick „sicher nood and ouee nei“ from me and he said if I moved it now he hadn‘t seen me.

So the motorist cash cow is not only not allowed to drive past the station (busses are of course) but the police are coining it from those souls who just want to spend their money in Uster...
I drove this morning and also on Friday morning I crossed the barrier and parked on the 15 minutes parking place in front of the avec. Maybe I got also a ticket?