View Single Post
Old 08.10.2019, 16:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 193 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 13,299 Times in 6,935 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
That phone call was another effort at trying to make it look like he's making an effort. He was told to deal with the negotiators and stop calling heads of state, but it looks good to be doing something.
This can't make me stop wonderin about these negotiations all together:

Merkel is a head of state.
In my mind, Johnson should be talking to Tusk. Or maybe to Juncker ... yeah okay, Tusk might be the better choice.
Tusk should take things back and forth .... to the European Union, of which Merkel is the head of one part of

It's accepted for Johnson to talk directly to Merkel - and maybe, as an exception and please rather not - to Macron (both just heads of states/members of EU) but not to any other heads of states (also members of EU .... at least on paper ).

Try that here: "You can talk to Zurich and Bern town government but none of the others". LOL.