View Single Post
Old 08.10.2019, 22:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 60 Times in 43 Posts
Thanked 6,585 Times in 2,481 Posts
Sky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
To answer your points Sky:
2) (...) I still want a deal, but am willing to accept no deal if a good deal is not achievable. (...)
3) The "Falling off a Cliff" scenario has been overstated in my opinion. There will certainly be level of disruption in the event of no deal, but nothing like what has been predicted by the Remain side of the argument. (...)
I certainly hope that you are right (though I seriously doubt you are).
The poorer parts of the country such as the North and the Midlands are already struggling. (Have you been lately?) How will they handle the «certain level of disruption» while waiting for new-leased prosperity?

Please forgive me for saying this, but I really feel upset when reading armchair brexiteers who will not be living the immediate consequences of a no deal.

There are already signs in pharmacies indicating shortages and Brexit hasn’t even happened yet!! What will happen to those relying on food banks? Or whose children only get a square meal when they go to school.
These are not just articles in your newsfeed, these are real people.
How will they handle a surge in food prices?
What will happen if meds such as insulin runs short?

Could you please answer concrete questions?
The following 3 users would like to thank Sky for this useful post: