View Single Post
Old 09.10.2019, 08:51
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,354 Times in 963 Posts
Ato has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
It would be a very big mistake to assume that food produced in the UK is processed and packed for retail in the UK, it is not. Ni milk is send south to Ireland for processing before being shipped to the UK, you've got Irish cheese being shipped to the UK for packaging and UK cheese being shipped to Wexford in Ireland for packing and they are just the ones I know of.
I've been told multiple times by different people from farmers to food factory owners how this is going to be a disaster, no question about that.
I was trying to make the point that these fish that some people want the british public to eat have been exported for years due to no demand in the UK.

An obvious example of a UK/NI/Ireland product that will be missed by the fine gastronomists amongst us is the streaky bacon that goes in your Whopper/McBurger. That bacon is marked in Burger King across europe as being a product of the UK/Ireland, the reason being the pigs cross the borders mutliple times becoming smaller and more baconised each time.
This user would like to thank Ato for this useful post: