View Single Post
Old 09.10.2019, 13:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 88 Times in 82 Posts
Thanked 8,640 Times in 3,969 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Know any UK expat mortgage brokers for non-UK, non residents?

Quote:
View Post
They were big at pushing endowment mortgages in the UK when I had an appointment in the 1980's. Just after commission if you ask me.
Everyone was big at pushing them in the 80s when they were a new model. 83% of new mortgages were endowment linked according to gov stats, but by the time I used them for reference, they were set firmly against them. To be honest, it was never a product that appealed to me. I still always save up for things and was always certain that I only wanted a repayment mortgage.

One of my friends was part of the first appointed, official team to investigate that product and she advised me against them back 94. She also recommended John Charcol for reference and advice. I wrote to them and they gave me the contact details of a respected broker in my area and which products were the most suitable for me.