View Single Post
Old 09.10.2019, 14:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,248 Times in 9,883 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Point 1.A few weeks ago I took my lady into a cafe in Yorkshire, it was quite full so I told her to find a seat while I got the drinks, when I sat down she was in a conversation with a old lady, the lady said you'll be alright after Brexit your not black or Asian.
Point 2. I took her to the Black Country Museum. We went for a coffee, I needed the amenities so asked my lady to get the drinks. I came back no drinks, they've run out off coffee she said, though at the time two other ladies were ordering coffee. Then a miracle happened two coffees appeared.
My Lady is American so it was her accent they were against. Brexit was, (is) totally misunderstood by the masses.
Without wishîng to deflect from the severity or unnaceptability of what you describe, to me this is just ars@holery. And ars@holery exists on every side of every conflict. I have also hear of stories that go the other way, with remainers treating people they assumed to be leavers like absolute shit. There are ars@holes of every political shade and conviction.
The following 9 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post: