View Single Post
Old 10.10.2019, 09:51
Forum Legend

Groaned at 200 Times in 166 Posts
Thanked 13,765 Times in 7,146 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
In what way is a manifesto pledge for a no-deal Brexit a compromise?
I did not refer to the subject they fight about this time. I referred to - was it 50? - politicians threatening to resign if they don't get their will (and what - I hope - they think is the will of the people who voted them in. Not sure they're bothered about those after getting the seat though).

They were elected to represent their group of people and to DO the job, not to run away when it's not easy. ROFL. In cases where they succumb, they're expected to pick it up from there and carry on/make the best of it.

In a country in which referenda are a seldom thing and when they take place are not even taken seriously, the mp's are all the people have.

So, nope, if "my" mp took to threatening of leaving in times of difficulties it would not bother me. I would wonder why I voted for such a plonker the first time.