View Single Post
Old 11.10.2019, 14:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 287 Times in 244 Posts
Thanked 21,315 Times in 7,769 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The dirt on Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
As I've said before on this forum, you can't have it both ways. Low taxes and low-priced services, such as childcare.
Well, the honest truth is that the world isnt that black and white.

1. I dont think the ultra high service costs of CH are purely a lack of public funding. Stuff simply is expensive in CH, mostly due to a lack of competition. Listening to parents how hard it is to find a place even at that prices do I for one wonder why there are not a million people opening more businesses… and I strongly assume that there are some steep "very Swiss" hurdles to do so. Or to put things differently: I lived in a business friendly low tax place called Singapore before. Taxes are lower than in CH and parents have the choice from anywhere around 300 bucks a month to the 3000 a month organic all-in place.

2. Tax money seems to be the argument against any sort of social program in Switzerland with one huge exception. If there is no money to pay for a decent maternity leave, but there are always billions available whenever the farmer lobby want something… well, then its not about money but a political decision. Let just be honest about it.
The following 2 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post: