View Single Post
Old 14.10.2019, 19:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 231 Times in 158 Posts
Thanked 5,961 Times in 2,186 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Haven't Paid Orange mobile phone bills

Quote:
??? No, if you have plates you should be insured and if you are not the police come to visit very quickly, within a week usually of being notified via Service des Autos who are notified via the insurance company. All very incestuous

If you don't have insurance you get the visit and this is a police matter as you are legally not allowed to drive here without insurance. It is also a civil matter for the insurance company to get their dues.

You plates maybe seized for whatever reason, not necessarily for no insurance so technically your plates could be seized whilst they still have insurance on them.
I really don't know enough about Swiss law to argue this any further. I was always under the impression that if you have plates then you're insured until the police take them.

But my point stands that non-payment of insurance premium is a civil matter. Driving without insurance is a criminal matter.
This user would like to thank porsch1909 for this useful post: