View Single Post
Old 17.10.2019, 22:23

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
venetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coop Supercard from Topcard

Due to a combination of special events, I decided to give this card one last chance as backup payment method during a holiday... and I made a mistake.

After much trouble I managed to activate the electronic invoices, to save those 1.95 CHF/month. And you know what? Despite Topcard forcing you to install TWO apps, there is no notification functionality at all. No email, no in-app alert, no popup on your phone. I was waiting for some communication that the invoice was ready, as the most crappy services do, but the invoice was already expired. I was supposed to manually monitor the account balance every week...

And now instead of 1.95 CHF of paper invoice, I have 13.03 CHF of interests on unpaid invoices.

Needless to say I am totally mad and I will cut the damn card right now.

As I said, and silly me to not listen to myself... stay away.

PS: and just for sake of completeness, there is a commission fee of 1.5% if you use it for payments in foreign currencies, or even for payments in CHF made abroad, including Internet.

PPS: I just found the notification settings in the app. SMS and e-mail are present, but off, not sure if it was me or it's the default. The "push" notification is ON, though, but I'm sure I never got anything - if there's one thing I'm paranoid about is invoices and debts.

Last edited by venetian; 17.10.2019 at 22:58.