View Single Post
Old 20.10.2019, 01:19

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I thought this thread was about advantages of money & family connections leading to success. You added the Royal flavour, possibly without thinking first.
Clearly money & the best connections in themselves don't make a business profitable, talent, hard work & luck also come into it.

You seem to be objecting to rich people that have a good life by achieving nothing themselves, it's a perfectly reasonable objection but not relevant.
He was able to take the risk because he knew he always had options if he failed.

I don't really care how people come by their money or how they live their lives. I have enjoyed a fair bit of privilege myself. I just wish we could be spared this "anyone can do it with hard work and persistence" bullshit when we all know that it isn't true.

Too many people are simply unwilling to acknowledge the enormous amount of support and back-up they enjoyed simply by being born into the right family.
This user would like to thank for this useful post: