View Single Post
Old 20.10.2019, 01:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 421 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 19,764 Times in 10,588 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
He was able to take the risk because he knew he always had options if he failed.

I don't really care how people come by their money or how they live their lives. I have enjoyed a fair bit of privilege myself. I just wish we could be spared this "anyone can do it with hard work and persistence" bullshit when we all know that it isn't true.

Too many people are simply unwilling to acknowledge the enormous amount of support and back-up they enjoyed simply by being born into the right family.
Lets be honest, he took zero risk, he was a hobby film maker that believed he could make a successful business.

Families can be pretty weird, unlike friends you cant choose them.
Inteligence & motivation may be inherited however hunger, motivation & desire for money are probably more important.

I left school at 16 because of the desire to make money above everything else.
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: