View Single Post
Old 22.10.2019, 23:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 193 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 13,327 Times in 6,948 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
And what a toll it will take on democracy - because some did not like the outcome! So let's change the process and ignore the vote because the "ignorants" voted and had no clue.

This is very similar to the US situation. Trump should never had won; he did not deserve it. Ignorants/"deplorables" voted him into office so now we need to change the electoral college as that is unfair. Our candidate, Hillary did not win and something must be amiss with the process for her not to win.

So let's claim Russian interference or an electoral college issue. Let's not look at the obvious: Hillary was a flawed candidate at best and ran a poorly run campaign to give Trump a victory.

If you are going to contest a US vote and Brexit, by claiming the process was inherently flawed as "deplorables"/ignorants voted, something is amiss. And to change the process puts democracy at risk in my view.
I think you quoted the wrong person, I got the impression you are actually replying to this post here.