View Single Post
Old 25.10.2019, 11:04
Sagiquarius Sagiquarius is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sagiquarius has no particular reputation at present
Re: UK tax return help

Have you set up a personal tax account and registered for self assessment with HMRC? If not, you should do so and you can then lodge a tax return on line. If you have a letting agent in the U.K. then they will be obliged to deduct basic rate tax at source from your net rents. As you are entitled to a personal tax allowance then you will have to claim a refund each year. The self assessment tax return does this. Donít forget you have to enter your total world wide income but U.K. tax is not charged on foreign earnings. Youíll need to keep a record of days in/out of the U.K. for the first 5 years and fill in the residency pages of the return as well as the foreign pages and property page.
I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Sagiquarius for this post: