View Single Post
Old 28.10.2019, 12:03
ciao ciao is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Location: basel or Zurich
Posts: 146
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts
ciao has no particular reputation at present
Re: C permit with non-Swiss contract in Asia and required to pay income tax oversea

View Post
The information you have been given is almost certainly incorrect. An employee of the local tax office or a payroll company do not have the training nor the experience in international tax law to give you the advice you need.

For instance, with very few exceptions the only people exempt from paying taxes under double tax agreements are diplomats, some state pensioners, employees of some NGOs and a few others. Everyone else ends up paying taxes based on residency and obtaining tax relief based on the rules set out in the double tax agreement.

Likewise with social security payments, you need expert advice as being exempt from paying in has consequences for your future benefits as well.
Thank you Jim2007. May I ask if you know any expert on this matter? I can contact him/her. Yes it's quite complicated...
Reply With Quote