View Single Post
Old 30.10.2019, 09:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 446 Times in 384 Posts
Thanked 18,520 Times in 9,813 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I clearly linked the ability to buy cigarettes and alcohol (in the UK) to being an adult. The logic is simple and there in black and white to read. If you pay attention and read further you’ll see I only believe adults should be allowed to vote. However you just don’t want to see it and I suspect you’re like the poster the other day who takes pleasure in trying to catch people out rather than argue the point. Trite behaviour that doesn’t warrant me wasting any further time on.
But what is the logic in your argument?
Why pick cigarettes and alcohol versus other laws like the age of consent is 16 or start driving a car when you're 17 or you cannot adopt children until you are 21?

You just picked two things at random because they conveniently fit what you believe but there is no logic in your choice and no strong argument behind it.
The following 6 users would like to thank marton for this useful post: