View Single Post
Old 09.11.2019, 09:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 120 Times in 87 Posts
Thanked 7,030 Times in 3,323 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any recourse for broken sole communal washing machine?

Quote:
View Post
Where I live one loads money onto the account and uses the maschine. So its use or not use.
Whether there is a washkey system in place is irrelevant as the machine is out of service.

Having the use of a washing machine is part of the rental contract. Finding a solution to the problem will likely be costly.

I have only seen laundromats (where you do the wash yourself) in Zurich. I know that washing services are less expensive in Germany so that might be a less expensive option than Switzerland.

I really do feel for the OP. When our previous machine broke down and I had to wait 10 days for a service call it was a huge inconvenience.

The name of your landlord is on your rental contract. Is it a private person or an agency? If you are not getting any direct answers from the caretaker, before sending the registered letter as has been suggested, you could try and contact the landlord directly and find out what is going on.