Thread: Salt Fiber Box
View Single Post
Old 10.11.2019, 12:59

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
vonkienm has no particular reputation at present
Re: Salt Fiber Box

Attracted by the offer, I switched from Swisscom to SALT a week ago, and I am quite frustrated:
- SALT promised that I can run the Swisscom connection in parallel until the end of the contract. This would have allowed me to run both setups in parallel and make sure that everything is working correctly. Despite that promise, the SALT technician activated the SALT access on previous Swisscom fiber port and not on the (available!) second port, and I was cut off immediately.

- apparently the SALT fiber box has difficulties with the CLIP protocol, the landline phone connected to the analog port does not show the number of incoming calls (which it did fine with the Swisscom box).

- the name server in the fiber box does not recognize the hostnames of all devices in my local network, for instance of my Synology NAS

- the SALT support on the phone and in the shop are trained to be always friendly, but have not been able to address any of the issues.

The offer looks attractive, but my suspicion grows that it is merely cheap! Can anybody offer solutions to the issues with CLIP or the name server?

Thanks, M