View Single Post
Old 11.11.2019, 18:37

Groaned at 41 Times in 23 Posts
makeabigwish has an excellent reputationmakeabigwish has an excellent reputationmakeabigwish has an excellent reputationmakeabigwish has an excellent reputation
Re: Swiss Cycling Rules & Guidance in English?

I try to be courteous around pedestrians because I hate how cyclists come too close and fast in ZH when Iím a pedestrian.

However, on the flip side, it seems annoying the number of paths that are marked for cyclists, then a short stretch the bikes are forbidden, and you are officially made to go in some obscure convoluted, traffic congested way around, only to then rejoin the same path just a very short length later.

I once asked a bicycle courier ďI want to go just from here to just right there (pointing as short distance visible ahead). If I am following the rules of where bikes are allowed, do I have to go all the way around this convoluted many-stop-light-take-forever-circuitous way, rather than just going from straight here to there?Ē. He confirmed technically yes.

Assuming you arenít mowing down pedestrians or causing cars and trams difficulty, how much do the police and everyone else care where cyclists ride or expect them to always only be on a marked bicycle path?