View Single Post
Old 11.11.2019, 19:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Cycling Rules & Guidance in English?

Quote:
View Post
If I am following the rules of where bikes are allowed, do I have to go all the way around this convoluted many-stop-light-take-forever-circuitous way, rather than just going from straight here to there?”. He confirmed technically yes.
Schmiede Wiedikon?

Quote:
View Post
expect them to always only be on a marked bicycle path?
No. If there is one you have to use it. If there is none it is still perfectly fine to ride on the road (exceptions given in above post).

Quote:
View Post
how much do the police and everyone else care where cyclists ride
Me as a pedestrian: DO NOT RIDE ON THE PAVEMENT. Use the effing road where you belong.
Me as a bus or tram user: DO NOT MAKE MY BUS/TRAM RUN LATE. Get off the track/bus lane, I have to catch a train.
Me as a car drive: DO NOT MAKE ME HIT THE BRAKES. I hate to nibble out bone splinters from the radiator and wash down brain splatters from the windshield.
Me as motorbike rider: DO NOT MAKE ME HIT THE BRAKES. If we crash I might fall too and that will hurt.
Me as a fellow cyclist: DO NOT CRASH INTO ME OR CURSE ME. I am just following the effing rules you moron.
On Hiatus- Normal operation will resume 22.02.2022 22:02:20.22
This user would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post: