View Single Post
Old 11.11.2019, 20:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 24,850 Times in 7,774 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's almost Christmas!

Quote:
View Post
Of course Christmas in general is not at all environmentally friendly.
If you want to do your bit by ditching the wrapping paper but don't want to give up the fun of brightly colored presents under the tree, consider re-purposing fabrics you have around the house into drawstring gift bags.

I've done that with shirts, sheets, table linens. Any fabric item no longer needed that isn't readily donate-able to use as is still might have another life left in it. A few seams is all that is required, you don't have to be a skilled sewer. Fabric gift bags are washable, re-useable season after season - and all that wrapping time saved.

Heck, if you don't want to sew bags, use pinking shears and simply cut the fabric in squares or rectangles, use as you would paper. And then re-use again and again.

That's my compromise. I still send cards, simply because it's a tradition that connects me with the people I love. But I nixed the wrapping paper, so I'll call it a draw.
The following 2 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: