View Single Post
Old 12.11.2019, 13:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 18,384 Times in 7,702 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do with a spare room?

Quote:
When one lives in an enormous house in the country, sometimes it can be difficult to fill all the rooms. Naturally, one expects to have several bedrooms, a couple of sitting rooms and a few bathrooms, but then what? As a family of bookworms we have a couple of libraries (one for the grown-ups, one for the kids - we should have another "overspill" library by the spring), I have an office which is often used and a gym which is rarely used, and there's the usual workshop and so on.

But what I really want is a "snug": a tiny chamber, with a comfortable chair, a small table and a little shelf of books, warmly lit and cosy, with a lock on the door: a place to escape and hide, far from sticky fingers and argumentative little voices. There's a room I have in mind for exactly this purpose, though I haven't told my wife yet. If I'm very, very quiet, maybe she won't notice.

If you could have a special room, fitted out for your unique needs and pleasures, what would you have?

Let your imaginations run free!

obviously you need to have more kids to fill up the rooms
The following 10 users would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post: