View Single Post
Old 13.11.2019, 11:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 375 Posts
Thanked 18,177 Times in 9,668 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I donít understand. What happened?
In July 2018 the Electoral Commission (EC) fined Vote Leave - the official referendum Leave campaign - £61,000 for breaking spending rules, publishing a detailed report in the process.

Vote Leave challenged the EC in a case claiming the ombudsman should not be allowed to publish the report accompanying its findings.

The Court of Appeal has now found that the EC had the right to publish its reports, including the one relating to Vote Leave.

In related news last week, it is claimed evidence that could lead to criminal charges against the pro-Brexit campaign, Vote Leave, led by Boris Johnson and his key adviser, Dominic Cummings, has now been passed by police to the criminal prosecution authorities.