View Single Post
Old 13.11.2019, 21:46
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 438 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,234 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I kind of agree with that but it counts for Europe, not the EU.

I don't see that happen. Yes, they are growing and often innovative, but their key strength seems to be cheap (cheap production resources, cheap offshoring). That's doesn't get a country anywhere.
At the moment youíre right, but what happens when their economies develop to the next level as weíve seen in China and India? How will German heavy manufacturing be able to compete as the drip drip drip of core technology knowhow keeps getting lost to these developing markets?

I know itís been used to death but Switzerland is one of the few examples we have. Switzerland has fantastic innovation and by not being a member of the EU has been able to steer its economy in a way that it is better prepared to deal with whatís coming. I donít believe the UK will be able to ape Switzerland but it does show what is possible.
The following 2 users would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post: