View Single Post
Old 14.11.2019, 07:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,893 Times in 7,664 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Poster like TonyClifton always seem to ignore the obvious - the EU, USA, China etc... have no intention of sitting back while the UK some magically move forward ahead of them. Of course they won't and they have far more resources and capabilities to enforce their position than a junior partner, with is what the UK is about to become.

They also ignore the fact that if you at the history of the EU it is actually very capable of reform, it's just that that reform does not suit him, so he choose to ignore it and pretend it does not happen.

For instance the EU is second only to the US when it comes to military spending and as the focus moves a way from NATO and onto coordinated EU defence spending you can expect more cash will be available for investment in European projects and the UK will not be in the queue for either US or EU military spending and so on. Going it alone seeking to built a technology basis is not on the cards but anyway...
I know, sorry I'll be very quick: to talk in these terms of doom and gloom when Europe is one of the most innovative places in the world and you only have to look at human development indexes, education systems and so on.....and praise other places like India and China instead, wow. Not to mention freedom and peace. I think he's one of those trolls that we used to have right from the beginning when the Brexit thing started, but they're getting better and better these days. More subtle. But more ridiculous too.

Last edited by greenmount; 14.11.2019 at 07:47. Reason: typos
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: