Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Old 16.11.2019, 08:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,012 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Depression

I know the feeling, but personally I find it strange to use lol with the word "depression" or are you more feeling "down" and "fed up"? Not quite the same.
Having had to deal with living suddenly by myself, I know how you feel on a day like your birthday especially, Xmas being another tough one for lonely people.

Daytime (today): dress to kill, go to a shop and buy yourself something nice, treat yourself to a nice brunch, don't forget to take your favourite book or go to an international newsagent and get a newspaper from back home.

Depending on what you like, visit a museum, a library, check what's on through your local expats links... Tell "Gruezi/Bonjour" to as many people you see, you'll feel good.

Evening: go and listen to some live music, treat yourself to a nice restaurant (not a top range, fussy, formal one where no one will talk to you but one buzzing with locals...even without the language, look at people, smile, someone will react and engage the conversation with you).
In November, we Scots celebrate St Andrew with a ceilidh (big Scottish dance party,, great fun!). There's bound to be some around your way, check it out and get back to me to praise Scottish hospitality and sense of partying! If all fails, come to ours in Geneva, but that's a bit far from Basel.

Most importantly, Happy Birthday!
The following 9 users would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post: