View Single Post
Old 20.11.2019, 22:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 237 Times in 208 Posts
Thanked 20,031 Times in 8,140 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
Why bring legality into a moral discussion?

Of course there are plenty of things that are legal that many people find immoral - anti-gay rights groups (if you're of a liberal bent), gay rights groups (if you're not) or Tottenham Hotspur (everyone of a right mind).

This "demonizing" word (I probably used it earlier too, apologies) is a bit too polemic - I prefer criticizing. In a (relatively) liberal, secular society, some views are more palatable than others - if you think all homosexuals should be stoned and thrown off towers, I think you're an evil cnt.
I'm specifically differentiating between demonising and criticising. The former is a bad thing to do, the former is good. Chuff is well into the demonising camp, and admits it.

Categorising someone who holds ONE specific view, no matter how abhorrent you personally find it, as an evil abbreviation, is demonisation. It is not criticism.

I make no moral judgements on anyone, as I believe were all evil abbreviations, and nothing I've experienced in the last 50 years has convinced me otherwise. But I'll criticise your ill-thought out moronic belief systems as vigourously as the next man. Woman. Thing. What I find most sad about these terribly woke people is their utter lack of humour or tolerance.

Last edited by NotAllThere; 20.11.2019 at 22:41.