View Single Post
Old 21.11.2019, 14:52
Mod x2

Groaned at 245 Times in 216 Posts
Thanked 20,481 Times in 8,324 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
Yes, but we don't use fairytales to base any sensible discussion off, do we?
In a philosophical discussion, it is quite proper to say "If A is true, then B follows". Whether A is actually true is irrelevant. You proposed that everyone being evil precludes a knowledge of good. I've demonstrated a hypothetical universe where this would not be the case.
Quote:
Why do you assume those are the only two options - how about a third way where we are neither good nor evil and only show ourselves to lean towards one or the other by how we conduct our lives?
I don't. I was going to propose some other possibilities drawn from non-Christian philosophies, but felt that it would detract. Although ... if we are neither good nor evil, where do the abstract concepts of good and evil arise, in your view?
Quote:
I think most Christians would disagree with your take, ...
Yes. I did said that.
Quote:
View Post
People do it on this forum. Not sure why.
EF is part of our daily entertainment. Threads go off topic. Does it matter when it's not massively serious anyway?
Quote:
May be you should have studied geography or something rather than theology? Just a thought.
I studied Maths. I was quite good at it as well. Theology and philosophy are just for fun. In mathematics the arguments can be quite subtle and complex. Same goes for theology and philosophy. For my next trick I shall demonstrate that 12 angels can dance on the head of pin...
Quote:
View Post
Who gets to decide who is a Christian anyway?
Any who calls themselves a Christian, could work maybe?

Last edited by NotAllThere; 21.11.2019 at 15:14.
This user would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post: