View Single Post
Old 21.11.2019, 16:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 48 Times in 43 Posts
Thanked 5,532 Times in 2,119 Posts
Ouchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Like duh! I'm not suggesting that there aren't people who preach venom and hate. I choose not to listen to Jerry Fallwell, nor Westboro. The former I've only vaguely heard of, the latter are hatemongers. Yes, I mean sermons I've personally heard. As far as I can tell from the countries I've been to a church in, hateful, intolerant preaching is pretty much in the minority. YMMV.

In the churches you have been. small detail that makes mileage vary. besides,they don't really need to be blatanly hateful for us to understand what they really mean " being gay is ok, as long as they don't adopt and they keep it to themselves..." you can doa myriad of descriptive claims that imply a normative claim in a sermon without seemingly hateful or intolerant.

sorry, just strikes me as a justification in the vein of "that doesn't reeealllyy happen"
This user would like to thank Ouchboy for this useful post: