View Single Post
Old 21.11.2019, 22:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 118 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 8,307 Times in 3,130 Posts
slammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Prince Andrew = Pinocchio ???

Quote:
View Post
Are we both thinking of the same Jesus?

Reminds me of a funny incident. The then-gf/now wife and i had just gotten to a small mountain town in a remote section of Argentinian Patagonia. Through the adventure traveler's grapevine we had heard of guy named Jesus (hay-suess) who lived in the town who would let travelers tent on his lawn free of charge, and also hosted great dinner parties. And we were looking for some friends who we expected might be there. Having no idea of his last name or the address, we were not sure where to begin. And having just arrived by bicycle and being incredibly thirsty, we go into a small shop to get something to drink and my wife has the sudden idea of just asking the shopkeeper woman for help.

Out of nowhere she turns to the shopkeeper and enthusiastically asks: ' Usted conoce a Jesus??' ('Do you know Jesus?')

I almost started cracking up at the sight of the poor woman's face, who in her own mind thought she was being confronted by an overzealous blonde-haired bible-thumping gringa
Itīs all a matter of perspective as they say: "Jesus loves you is a nice thing to hear in church, not a nice thing to hear in a south American prison."
The following 6 users would like to thank slammer for this useful post: