View Single Post
Old 27.11.2019, 10:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alternative music & gigs for expats in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Good plan! I second all the recommendations in Zurich, the city attracts the the best artists and the venues are small and intimate. I've seen so many bands I could never imagine seeing front row in any other part of the world.
That's what I keep telling my friends back in the UK. I've been front row at Extreme and Radiohead without any real effort. Considering I'd seen Radiohead 9 times previously and only made it to the front once, that was an absolute luxury.

Quote:
View Post
Only pity is that the audience is a bit toned down from the crowd you will find in surrounding nations.
In my experience, they're more laid back and a bit slower to warm up, but once they do, they're brilliant. We were on the balcony at X-Tra for The Specials gig the other week and I'm glad we were. It was heaving, and everyone in the crowd below was dancing. right from the front to back of the venue. Cracking gig.
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: