View Single Post
Old 27.11.2019, 11:35
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 240 Times in 152 Posts
Thanked 3,055 Times in 1,087 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alternative music & gigs for expats in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
In my experience, they're more laid back and a bit slower to warm up, but once they do, they're brilliant. We were on the balcony at X-Tra for The Specials gig the other week and I'm glad we were. It was heaving, and everyone in the crowd below was dancing. right from the front to back of the venue. Cracking gig.
True, true - I've had the most fun I've ever had at gigs here, but once...and I will never get over it, I went to see The War On Drugs & this girl pushed her way to the front and proceeded to plug her ears up with her fingers because "it was too loud". Adam (the singer) has anxiety issues and you could tell it really bothered him and he ended the show abruptly. He didn't know that the Swiss have extra sensitive hearing and thought she didn't like the music. I am a massive Patti Smith fan and I have seen her 4 times in CH. Every single time, I am told at least once "Shhhhhhhhh" by someone in the audience when I sing along or cheer.

The Specials...wow, wish I knew about that gig and I'm still waiting to see Radiohead up and close.