View Single Post
Old 02.12.2019, 09:38
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
micdab has no particular reputation at present
Re: Wifi network saved but not connecting

Quote:
View Post
I have a Nokia 8.1 and have exactly the same problem: since the Android 10 update my phone cannot connect to the Salt fiber box when authentification is set to WPA2-Personnal AES. I also confirm when it is set to WPA-Personal AES+TIK it works ...

I tried on several other wifi networks using WPA2-Personal and AES and it works nicely, so I think it is an issue in the Salt fiber box firmware ...

Did you try to contact Salt?

Thanks for replying! I'm "glad" to hear I'm not the only one...

I did contact Salt. First I called technical service and the person who answered was completely clueless. Then I wrote in and got a reply that didn't really answer the question, either (see below, in French, sorry).

It seems the only thing we can do is wait and hope for a firmware update for the Salt fiber box. Do you think "WPA-Personal AES+TIK" is an inferior setting???

Salt's answer:

Selon les protocoles de sécurité que vous utilisez, la vitesse des données peut être affectée, WPA2 est le protocole de codage le plus rapide et le plus sécurisé. Rassurez-vous, la méthode d'authentification WPA2-Personal et WPA-Auto-Personal est juste une méthode de cryptage wifi. Il n’est pas nécessaire de faire une mise à jour de votre appareil, celui-ci se connecter simplement de manière automatique au protocole de sécurité optimal afin de ne pas affecte la vitesse des données.