Thread: Pomerian Dog
View Single Post
Old 02.12.2019, 12:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 69 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 3,592 Times in 1,739 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pomerian Dog

Quote:
View Post
I also believe, anybody who wants a pureberd dog should carefully look into what the "speciality" of the breed is and what that means for the dog. Dogs having trouble breathing, walking, with their backs when a little older ..... the things are endless. Does one really want to put a creature through pain and problems just for the looks?

I personally would happily go for a crossbreed, hoping "he" took the best and healthiest parts of the parents.
Not saying the OP should do that. But if they have set their heart on a Pomerian they should get all available information what actually makes one a Pomerian. I actually always thought a Spitz was already pretty small
We got a purebreed for the first time ever, after always having cross or mixed breeds. The reason.... we wanted it from a puppy, and it seemed impossible to find cross/mix breed puppies in Switzerland. In the UK there were always people in the local area whose dogs were having mixed breed pups.