View Single Post
Old 03.12.2019, 07:52
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
kri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Proposed wages for Live-in Housekeeper, Lucerne

Quote:
View Post
Hi Kri

Here is the information that i have been given

Gross monthly wage Fr. 2621.15
Incidental salary Fr. 990.00
Gross wage Fr. 3611.15
Deductions
AHV/IV/EO 5.125% Fr. 183.00
ALV 1.1% Fr. 39.30
KTV 0.450% Fr. 16.05
NBU 0.899% Fr. 32.10
Withholding tax 5% Fr. 230.70
BVG CHF 170.00
Net wage Fr.2940.00
Incidental salary Fr. 990.00
Net monthly wage Fr. 1950.00

Yes, they paid for my flights and hosted me for the whole day. I am just a little nervous as I don't know Swiss rules and a friend went to work as a live in Nanny a while back and found her contract wasn't very well drafted. I want to be really sure about mine as a consequence.

Thank you so much Margaret
Hi Margaret!

A couple of points. Based on the doc shared by Mullhollander, you should be paid slightly more than what you have been offered as a minimum pay. Factoring in your experience, you can probably ask for more but then again, I am thinking jobs like this don't come too often. The link also talk about having formal qualification but not sure what your situation is, with 20 years of experience & good references, I would say that counts as if you had any qualification so you should aim for the higher bracket at 22.85 CHF/hour.

I would try to negotiate based on your experience and quoting the fact it seems to you that the wages are for people with less experience than yours.

In case this is not negotiable, then try to see if you can get other benefits, like phone, phone contract, internet connection, flights home x times a year etc.

And like others have said, try to figure out what is included and not in the fixed amount. For example, will they also feed you on Sundays when you are not working or will you be expected to buy your own food then?

Good luck!
K
This user would like to thank kri for this useful post: