View Single Post
Old 03.12.2019, 21:20
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
micdab has no particular reputation at present
Re: Wifi network saved but not connecting

Quote:
View Post
Yes WPA is much less secure than WPA2. Ok my side I turned on a guest WiFi with WPA and left my main network as WPA2 as a temporary solution.
I did the exact same thing! - guest network with WPA for my phone and main network with WPA2 for all the other devices.

But now I'm thinking that, since WPA is less secure, maybe the smart thing to do would be the other way around: set the main network to WPA and hide its SSID, and set the guest network (whose SSID cannot be hidden) to WPA2 for the other devices. Any thoughts?

Quote:
View Post
I had a closer look last weekend and it seems to be an issue with IPV6, which unfortunately one cannot turn off on the salt fiber box as far as I know.
When my device is connected to my guest WiFi in WPA, on the router configuration page > connected device , it seems its name cannot be resolved (there is a blank) and it is also the only device which appears in the IPV6 section (it appears actually in both ipv4 and ipv6). Do you see something similar ?
Same thing: the phone appears with no name (blank) and all I can see is its IP and MAC addresses. BUT it's listed in the IPv4 section!

I wonder what will come sooner: a salt fiber box firmware upgrade or an android 10 update that somehow solves the issue