View Single Post
Old 04.12.2019, 11:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 221 Times in 174 Posts
Thanked 7,537 Times in 3,326 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Divorce lawyer and advice

Quote:
View Post
I know is rather specific question but my Swiss lawyer canít answer so I al looking for a better lawyer and some advice
A better lawyer or one that gives you the opinion you want to hear? There are many questions that a lawyer canít answer because it depends on the decision of a judge in a certain set of circumstances, that does not make them a bad lawyer. They are not mind readers. Listen to reasons why he canít give you an answer and try to understand the complexity.

People are entitled to take holidays, but if your partnerís overall behavior is acceptable is something that a court will have to decide, the lawyer canít give you an answer on something like that.

Let me give you a kind of similar example, Irish law requires a person to be resident in the country for the final 12 months before they are granted citizenship. Now if you asked any lawyer in country up to a few weeks ago, if it was OK to go on holidays youíd be told of course, no problem. Well it turns out they were all wrong! A court recently ruled you cannot take holidays abroad. A lawyer can never be sure of the outcome of something that goes to court.