View Single Post
Old 05.12.2019, 11:06

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
pierrenay has made some interesting contributions
Re: Internationa bank transfer - money "lost" or "blocked"

Quote:
View Post
Ian, you should ask them for the SWIFT messages transmitted as that only will clearly say what the instructions were.

Most banks are very reluctant to do that, but then use the "what you said"

kick, kick, kick
I am rather late to the party but I've just moved to Switzerland and am going through the "blocked/lost" TT experience.
I sent a TT from Dubai to Switzerland for rent and a security deposit three weeks ago.
On calling the Dubai bank, I was told that the funds were going through a "security check" and was variously informed that it would take 3 days/5 days/a week to clear.
Since then the Dubai bank has sent me the SWIFT message transmitted which I've presented to the Swiss bank here but the Swiss bank keeps asking me to tell my bank to unblock the funds. My Dubai bank assures me it's not being blocked on their side.
I feel at a loss of course, especially as my Dubai bank keeps telling me the same thing and the Swiss bank keeps asking me to relay the same message! I'm very much feeling that the onus is on me to somehow sort out this nonsense even though I'm clearly not a bank!
If anyone has any further words of advice, it would be SO greatly appreciated!