View Single Post
Old 09.12.2019, 18:58

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
sladen has no particular reputation at present
Re: Salt Fiber Box

Quote:
View Post
Next one (and last post for today) with a nice title:
"The Apple TV remote is so bad that a Swiss TV company developed a normal replacement" https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...buttons-normal
That's great, Saltix! Quite funny stories.

Of course, an alternative remote system was always there but you had to set it up yourself to control the Apple TV 4K. You can use any remote. The main failing was that it would not be able to put the Apple to sleep or change channels except via the Menu button and the Channel groups on the Menu. I've been using an old UPC Thompson gray remote because it is universal and that allows me to also turn on the TV and control the sound. Most of the time this remote is a glorified MUTE button.

All of a sudden today (after I upgraded the Salt app) my Thompson remote was able to change channels. This means they have used one of the alternate Apple remote functions to do it. So you can "build" your own. If you have an old remote that is NOT needed to control another device anymore then put some batteries in it and try to set it up as an alternate remote for the Apple.

That will save you twenty bucks, at least