View Single Post
Old 10.12.2019, 11:58
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 172 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 4,863 Times in 1,878 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Don't know if he's a Tory but as we seem to be apportioning Brexiters as Tories and Remainers as Lefties...

Brexit supporter who assaulted Jeremy Corbyn jailed for 28 days

Not sure why it's relevant nor why (once again) it's down to someone with an opposing point of view having to find sources to support someone else's views but, hey.

Mikers brought up the subject of "hard left" and "hard right" so my post was really directed at him rather than you and your "reminiscing about Tony Blair" / "I can't vote" response. Tommy Robinson is a hard right example so was therefore relevant. Just sayin'
No, its not the same or a good example, that person is a nutter for brexit, he'd chuck eggs at the libdem's just as much I expect. probably boris johnson as well. he might go for milk shakes if its nigel farage. and his argument isnt about tory or labour, its about brexit.

The point being made, which isnt argumentative, isnt being "brought up" by me, was just showing that a survey has shown that labour supporters view people who dont match their views negatively, which you can see from endless examples of conservative politicians being shouted at by labour supporters who scream abuse at them. no brexit, no remain or leave, they do it just beacuse they hate them and they can. they do it over the NHS, over austerity, over welfare cuts, over thatchers death, anything they can find.

You don't find conservative supporters hurling the same level of vitriol at labour politicians or not that I have seen. Of course - it could be happening as has been said, but no one sees it. these crowds of tory blue's charging around braying at Laura Hitchcock or Dianne Abbot, with full riot squad police struggling to control them. but I havent seen it. Has anyone else ? do pipe up if you have.

Of course do not lose site that I dont like the tories. As I posted earlier, right now i dont like the tories, labour, libdems or any of them and want a proper centre ground party back. but that doesnt change the fact that labour are much more vocal in their abuse of conservative politicians.
The following 4 users would like to thank Mikers for this useful post: