View Single Post
Old 14.12.2019, 20:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 95 Times in 76 Posts
Thanked 12,449 Times in 5,054 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone wanna be friends?

Quote:
View Post
No do you think I should go to bars alone? Just feels weird and last time I went out I got attacked and nearly died and stayed in hospital for a while lol I’m so lonely

The only thing I enjoy is drinking lol what do I do ������
Wow, if you got attacked that badly, then no wonder you can't seem to face just going out to a bar, alone! I can understand that.

Even so, I think Curley's advice is excellent. You will have to try something. If ya keep doin' what ya done, ya'll keep gettin' what ya got. Whatever you've been trying to be less lonely, up till now, hasn't worked, so your attempts should be at something different.

That's why I sent you the link to the excursion to the Freiburg Christmas market tomorrow. One big advantage is that those people (remember most of them will not know one another, either) are intending to go out in the daytime. That makes it less scary and easier to be with them, or with only some of them, or to wander off by yourself, if you find you don't actually connect to any of them.

For meeting any new person, it's a good idea to think of three things you could ask them, and three things you could tell them. You can practice alone at home, building up a repertoire of info and questions that are likely to lead to a conversation, rather than just a one-sentence response. And then try using some of them when you meet folk.